Utility Scale Geothermal Plant Performance Testing
Plant & Facility (Contractual Acceptance or Routine Testing & Improvement).
Power Output • Heat Rate • Capacity • Efficiency • Thermal Cycle Analysis Reliability • Availability • Ramp Rate • Noise Tests • Water/Steam Consumption Cycle Leakage Studies (exterior and/or internal losses • Capability Tests • Auxiliary System Load • DCS/ Response Analysis • Control and Instrumentation Adequacy Assessment
McHale Renewables has technical advisors that are experienced in serving as “owner’s engineers” that identify, quantify, and mitigate risks associated with plant performance for our clients. We have assisted project owners, financial institutions, and legal counsel with advising/consulting services and performance audits. McHale Advisors understand the importance of reviewing proposed designs, development of strong contractual language, construction monitoring, and witnessing of key tests to ensure performance guarantees are achieved with confidence so to ensure the success of a project.
Test Code Specialists
McHale Renewables is recognized throughout the power generation market as a specialized engineering group that provides superior testing and plant performance improvement services. McHale is actively involved and versed in the ASME Test codes Applicable to Geothermal Performance testing:
- AGA (American Gas Association)
- AIChE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- AOAC (Association of Official Analytical Chemists)
- APFI (Association of Pellet Fuel Industries)
- ASAE (American Society of Agricultural Engineers)
- BSI (British Standards Institution)
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association)
- DIN (Deutsches Instltut fur Normung)
- GOST (USSR State Committee for Standards
- ISO (International Standards Organization)
We are experienced on how to properly apply these codes and other international standards to successfully demonstrate contractual acceptance with the level confidence for lenders, owners, OEM’s and EPC’s demand.
Qualified & Impartial Test Personnel
McHale has worked with a variety of EPC contractors, plant owners, and manufacturers throughout the power industry. The McHale team is known for quick response time, expertise in plant and component issues, and accurate results.
Code Compliant & Calibrated Test Equipment
McHale has a compliment of test equipment designed to augment the standard built in geothermal power plant instrumentation so to improve the uncertainty of performance testing necessary to meet the desired confidence for contractual acceptance and for provision of information for long term financial projections of the assets.
- Pressure and Differential Pressure Transmitters
- Ambient Temperature, Humidity, and Wind Sensors
- Clamp on Ultrasonic Flow Meters
- Clamp on Temperature Sensors
- Immersion Temperature Sensors
- Infrared Temperature Imaging
- Mobile Data Loggers
- Simplex and 5 hole probe Pitot Tubes